It always hits me that first a 'white' woman or man like now Brad Will has to be killed in a local struggle anywhere on earth, and preferably a journalist or similar, before the mainstream propaganda media move. Even if they mostly distort reality: 'Fix the facts around the inhuman policy' - as they say.
FILMING HIS OWN DEATH IN OAXACA - MEXICO.
by Henk Ruyssenaars
FPF - October 30th 2006 - When working as an independent correspondent in Chile, I saw the zooming in on a killer for the first time when cameraman Leonardo Henrichsen was filming his own death. He was shot during the failed military coup on June 29, 1973, shortly before Washington's war machine and CIA/Kissinger's coup on the 11th of September 'suicided' democratically elected President Salvador Allende.
And the US war machine and it's mercenaries - apart from at least 30.000 other victims - at the same time killed the hopes for a more humane future for the Chilean people until now. The US as usual started the dictatorship and ensuing massacres by Gen. Augusto Pinochet and his killers, and kept profiting. But I've seen the corpses. In the streets and on the slabs in the morgue, in the Mapoche river too, with their hands tied behind their backs with barbed wire. That is the system which kills for profit, and kills journalists and cameramen to cover their criminality. Everywhere on earth.
AND TODAY I SAW IT AGAIN: US FILMMAKER BRAD WILL FILMING HIS OWN DEATH.
On June 29th in 1973, Leonardo Henrichsen, a TV cameraman from Argentina, like many journalists/correspondents was outside La Moneda, the presidential palace in Santiago, Chile, trying to film an attempted military coup against President Salvador Allende. His lens zoomed in on one soldier, who was aiming a pistol directly at him. "Don't shoot," Henrichsen cried out, as his sound technician's audio recorder captured the words. "Don't you see that we're journalists?" Moments later, Henrichsen lay sprawled on the pavement with a fatal bullet lodged in his chest, while his camera pointed up at a blank sky.
FILMING HIS OWN DEATH
In this case the local 'police' in Oaxaca - which everywhere on earth, like all armed forces in state service, is armed and dangerous - last Friday shot and killed Indymedia film reporter Brad Will , and the names and pictures of the state killers are public.*
One thing however, for those optimists and/or ignorants which still think it's different in Melbourne or Montreal, in New York or Nagasaki: from Kiruna to Cape Town this dangerous and repressive system is everywhere the same, and the bullets that hit Brad Will and many others have our name on them too. That goes for the bombs as well.
The 655.000 dead in Iraq should be enough evidence for everybody to confirm this. As well as the millions of others which ended their days enduring the US made deadly freedom they never asked for. But which is supported by collaborators of many nationalities in many countries. The fact that they all are guilty of crimes against humanity - according to international law and conventions - doesn't matter to the state's mercenaries.
WHEREVER YOU LIVE: IF YOU AND THE PEOPLE IN A COUNTRY REJECT THIS SYSTEM, THE KILLING SOON WILL BE IN A WAR THEATER NEAR YOU.
A COLLEAGUE WHO ALSO INVESTIGATED THIS REPRESSIVE SYSTEM IN THE US/ISRAELI COLONY THE NETHERLANDS WAS KILLED A YEAR AGO, 300 METERS FROM WHERE THIS IS WRITTEN.
Merciless the US war machine killers all claim the right and 'license to kill' and the only choice - apart from joining the growing resistance everywhere - is to shut up and pay up. To go on being forced to finance their war crimes for profit. Human beings - even by the millions - do never count, only profit and power does.
It would be a very good thing if people the world over better remember that resistance against invaders is not only a legal universal right, but also a plight: you've got to fight to defend your family, yourself and your country when the US or any other war machine as usual wants to wreck and kill everything.
The chance that the same human disaster is possible in your country and corner of our world may look far away to many, but this is our life nowadays to which we must react. And why should we use words when they use guns?
When law is valid again they will be punished in every country where this is possible, and certainly those murderes in mexico too, but most important is the group managing the US war machine: they are the origin of all global misery and massacres. They are the bad geniuses behind the killings of millions. And they'll gladly kill you and yours if it's profitable.
Time indeed has come for all brave people to join the resistance and fight.
And not only on Internet or with a camera.
THE KILLERS IN OAXACA: JUAN CARLOS SORIANO VELASCO (RED T-SHIRT), A POLICE OFFICER KNOWN AS "THE GRASSHOPPER"; MANUEL AGUILAR (DARK JACKET), CITY PERSONNEL DIRECTOR; AND PUBLIC SAFETY CHIEF AVEL SANTIAGO ZÁRATE (RED SHIRT) - Photo: D.R. 2006 - El Universal - Url.: http://www.narconews.com/Issue43/article2223.html
Brad Will (1970-2006): Final Report - Final Moments Captured by the Slain Journalist’s Camera - (1:34) - October 29, 2006 - Watch/download the video - Url.: http://salonchingon.com/cinema/brad.php?city=ny
Last story by Brad Will: Death in Oaxaca - ''Another Death in the Months Long Resistance in Oaxaca, Mexico'' - Url.: http://nyc.indymedia.org/en/2006/10/77343.shtml
APPO - (Association of Oaxaca people) - Reports Two Dead in Confrontations with Federal Police in Oaxaca - by Dan Feder - Posted on Sunday Oct. 29th, 2006 - Url.: http://narcosphere.narconews.com/story/2006/10/29/233030/04
In The Netherlands journalist/researcher Louis Sévèke was liquidated November 15th 2005 - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yzx2ed
The latest reliable news from Latin America - Url.: http://www.narconews.com/en.html
Focussing on reliable news from Venezuela - Url.: VHeadline.com/
NOW IS, INDEED, THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR COUNTRY."
JOHN PROTEVI - 2006-10-01 - Story Url.: http://projectbraintrust.com/blog.html?p=84
'BLACK TUESDAY' - OCTOBER 17 - 2006 - AFTER TWO STOLEN ELECTIONS GEORGE BUSH - AS THE SO CALLED 'PRESIDENT' OF THE US - SIGNED THE TOTALITARIAN ''MILITARY COMMISSIONS ACT OF 2006'' INTO LAW.* - Wikipedia - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ydkywt
* THE UNITED STATES IS DEFIANT OF ANY LAW ANYWHERE - The bill signed signed by would-be 'emperor' George Busholini into law also: ''legalizes U.S. war crimes committed before December 30, 2005.'' - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/yjaqkk
* US HENCHMAN PINOCHET ALSO THOUGHT HE COULD "LEGALIZE" TORTURE - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/y9p2vs
* PENTAGON KILLING JOURNALISTS - FPF/HR - Granma - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/bkzum
* AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL CONDEMNS US FOR VIOLATIONS OF UN CONVENTION AGAINST TORTURE - Url.: www.wsws.org/articles/2000/may2000/tort-m12.shtml
* US "Death Squad Protection Act" - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/6xdfw
* THE LAW ON FREE EXPRESSION - Aryeh Neier - American Civil Liberties Union - ACLU - "Defending My Enemy" - "The law on free expression covers everybody, and thus that in defending it for anybody you defend it for everybody." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/ymz2mv
* US PROPAGANDA: R.I.P. AL JAZEERA - DAVID FROST 'FRONT MAN' AT AL-JAZEERA INTERNATIONAL - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/y6us8n
*THROW OUT WAR PROPAGANDISTS LIKE THE BBC, FOX, CNN ETC.! - Url.: http://www.cemab.be/news/2006/07/1632.php
* THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: "The huge omnivorous herd consumes everywhere on our earth as much as it can grab, and tramples millions of human beings to death. That doesn't seem to matter. The 'elephant boys' don't speak about the bloody pulp underneath the feet of the big animals: instead they give them a bath in the mainstream." - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/np823
* MORE LINKS & BACKGROUND LINKS TO THOSE RESPONSIBLE - If after checking a factual error is found, pls. send an email so it can be corrected. - Url.: http://tinyurl.com/fhln9
* The Dutch author this far has lived and worked abroad - never in an English speaking country - for more than 4 decades for international media as an independent foreign correspondent, of which 10 years - also during Gulf War I - in the Arab World and the Middle East. Seeing worldwide that every bullet and every bomb breeds more terrorism!
* FPF-COPYRIGHT NOTICE - In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107 - any copyrighted work in this message is distributed by the Foreign Press Foundation under fair use, without profit or payment, to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the information. Url.: http://liimirror.warwick.ac.uk/uscode/17/107.html
FOREIGN PRESS FOUNDATION
Editor: Henk Ruyssenaars