Friday, December 30, 2005

Ex-Envoy Publishes Secret UK Torture Docs AND unleashes blog-based attack on UK's torture denials

"At the Khuderbegainov trial I met an old man from Andizhan. Two of his children had been tortured in front of him until he signed a confession on the family's links with Bin Laden. Tears were streaming down his face. I have no doubt they had as much connection with Bin Laden as I do. This is the standard of the Uzbek intelligence services."

An extract from the classified communications between former UK Ambassador to Uzbekistan, Craig Murray --now published contrary to Britain's Official Secrets Act by Murray on his website.

"They turned up at my door with broken teeth and burns from torture. Some would spend the night in my home. On one occasion the grandson of a dissident I had met was murdered within hours of my speaking to his grandfather. They left his body on the doorstep. His hands and knees had been smashed with a hammer. It was a warning not to speak to me," he said. "Very little can prepare you for the brutality and viciousness of the Karimov regime."